LifeJourney Church, Indianapolis, is searching for a keyboard accompanist who will report to our new Worship Arts Minister. Start date: September 8, 2014. Estimated weekly hours = 12.
Our Church is passionate about following Jesus, serious about the Bible, theologically open-minded, and genuinely diverse. In fact, we are one of the most diverse congregations in the Indianapolis metropolitan area. Our mission is to follow the teachings of Jesus by developing disciples, doing justice, and helping those in need. We are a teaching church that challenges congregants to a high level of participation. We have an absolute commitment to excellence in multicultural worship. See www.lifejourneychurch.cc for more information. Salary commensurate to experience, education, and credentials.
Our Philosophy of Worship
People come to us each Sunday buffeted by the challenges of life. We have a sacred obligation to refresh them by bringing them into the healing presence of God through worship, so they can find rest and renewal and go back out into life ready to be Jesus to the world. Our goal is to provide excellent blended worship for our multicultural congregation, offering spiritual nourishment by weaving word, song, and other worship arts into uplifting worship experiences, drawing from the whole spectrum of worship styles – from classical to contemporary, from high church to high energy, from sound to silence, from tears to laughter.
1. Accompany our two Sunday morning worship services and occasional special seasonal services and programs, such as Christmas, Christmas Eve, and Good Friday, including warm up for those services.
2. Accompany the following rehearsals: choir, instrumentalists group, and worship singers.
3. Accompany a quarterly Friday Night Praise worship service.
4. Accompany occasional funerals.
5. Accompany occasional weddings (on a separate fee basis).
1. A proficient sight reader who is comfortable playing a broad range of musical genres – including classical, gospel, contemporary, hymns, etc.
2. A passion for multicultural worship that draws from a broad spectrum of Christian traditions and musical styles.
3. Comfortable with our church’s “progressive evangelical” approach, as well as our mission and vision, as described on our website.
4. Calm, confident, easy to work with.
5. Ability to play other instruments is a plus, but not essential.
How To Apply
Send a resume to our new Worship Arts Minister, Shellye Bradford. Click here to email Shellye.