You may have noticed the shiny new television on the wall in the social hall. That’s the first step in our plan for Café Worship!
The Board of Trustees, led by Pastor Vivan Wyatt, and in consultation with the rest of our staff, have developed a plan to remodel a portion of the social hall to provide space for a different kind of worship experience. Think “sanctuary crossed with coffee shop” and you’re on the right track. Features of the new space will include:
- The large screen TV that’s already in place. This was funded with a technology grant we received in 2011. (More about funding Café Worship below.) Many kudos to the Media Team for their diligence in broadcasting the entire service.
- A stained glass feature wall that will divide the social hall from the lobby, so that there’s still plenty of space for conversation outside the casual worship area.
- A coffee and beverage service area.
- New lighting to replace some of the “cold” fluorescent fixtures.
- Decor upgrades to promote the feeling of casual warmth, worshipfulness, and connection.
So when will this be done? Completion date depends on funding (of course). Café Worship is the second of our three budget goals for this year. Once giving averages $9,897 per week (we’re currently at $9,562) we can greenlight all of the improvements. Since these upgrades are a one-time expense, we may be able to implement some of them, a little at a time, as funds become available from other sources (i.e., dedicated giving, building-related income, or bequests).
So enjoy the new big screen, as we move toward our budget goal and completion of the Café Worship space. Questions? Please contact Pastor Vivian.